The MS Service is provided as part of the Hounslow Community Recovery Service. The service provides specialist therapeutic and practical support to people with MS, their families or carers at the time they need it most.
The service comprises nursing, therapy and pharmacy support.
- support and information for patients who have recently been diagnosed with MS
- support for patients with MS and their carers via telephone, clinics or home visits
- specialist assessment and advice on the management of MS
- case finding for specialist disease modifying treatments
- information and monitoring of prescribed disease modifying medications, when required
- links between community and acute, outpatient or specialist tertiary care setting
- case management for patients with complex needs
- links to other services supporting people with MS, making referrals when required
- education and training for those involved in MS
If you have been diagnosed with MS and live in the borough of Hounslow, you can ask your GP, neurologist or any other healthcare professional to refer you via the Single Point of Access in Hounslow, or you can self-refer by contacting the MS Service on 020 8630 6200.
When the MS Service gets your referral we will get in touch and arrange to see you. Once you are known to the service you can contact us at any time.
Between appointments, you should contact the MS Service if you are concerned about new symptoms you are experiencing, you think you may be having a relapse, you are finding it difficult to cope with any aspect of your MS, you need advice about medication or you have a question about your MS.
You should get in touch by calling the number below. However, please remember that your call may not be returned the same day.
Please note this is not an emergency service. In an emergency please contact your GP, NHS 111 or call an ambulance.
- The MS Society runs a free, confidential helpline for anyone affected by MS providing information and emotional support. It is open Monday to Friday 9am-9pm and available on 0808 800 8000 or via email email@example.com
- A wide range of useful information about MS can be found on the MS Society website, including information for the newly diagnosed, managing specific symptoms, exercise and MS, new drugs, applying for benefits, getting a Blue Badge and much more.
- The MS Trust also provides information for anyone affected by multiple sclerosis, education programmes for health professionals, funding for research and campaigning for specialist multiple sclerosis services.