The Children’s Community Nursing Team care for children and young people, who are registered with a Hounslow GP. They provide high quality nursing care in the home or community settings, such as clinics and schools.
This includes those with nursing needs such as such as epilepsy, oncology, intravenous medication, anaphylaxis, enteral feeding (nasogastric and gastrostomy tubes), stoma care, post-operative care, wound care, home oxygen or vital signs monitoring (e.g. blood pressure).
The team works with a range of other professionals, providing advice and support, to ensure the needs of children and families are met.
- Bedfont & Feltham Team – Bedfont Clinic, Imperial Road, Feltham, Middlesex, TW14 8AG
- Hounslow Team - Heart of Hounslow, 92 Bath Rd, TW3 3EL
- Great West Road Team - Heart of Hounslow, 92 Bath Rd, TW3 3EL
- Brentford Team - Brentford Health Centre, Boston Manor Rd, Brentford, TW8 8DS
- Chiswick Team - Chiswick Health Centre, Fishers Lane, Chiswick, W4 1RX
- Richmond, Ham & Kew Team - Centre House, 68 Sheen Lane, London, SW14 8LP
- Sheen & Barnes Team - Centre House, 68 Sheen Lane, London, SW14 8LP
- Teddington & Hampton Team - Teddington Health and Social Care Centre, 18 Queens Road, Teddington, TW11 0LR
- Twickenham & Whitton Team - Whitton Corner Health and Social Care Centre, Percy Road, Twickenham, TW2 6JL
Anyone can make a referral. We provide services for children and young people who are registered with a Hounslow GP and are aged:
0-18 year old - Asthma and Wheeze, Children’s Community Nursing and Continuing Care services teams
2 – 18 years - Paediatric Bladder and Bowel team
3 – 19 years attending a special school in Hounslow - Special Schools Nursing team
Once a child has been referred, a nurse will undertake a full nursing assessment and agree a plan of care with you and your child.
Some children may have needs that our team cannot meet, in which case we will refer them to the appropriate service.
We will make every effort possible to book visits in advance at a time and in a setting convenient for you. This could be at home, in a clinic or at school. Occasionally our nurses might be delayed or our clinics may overrun. If we expect to be more than 30 minutes late, we will let you know.
Children’s Community Nursing and Continuing Care:
7 days a week 8am – 6pm
Whitton Corner Health and Social Care Centre
Telephone Contact: 020 3458 5333
Telephone contact during the night is via Careline.