The Children’s Asthma and Wheeze team provide specialist support for children and young people 19 years old or younger with asthma or viral induced wheeze.
We aim to:
- Improve the confidence and self-care skills of children and young people - and their parents/carers - to be able to manage their conditions effectively
- Improve emotional and social well-being through the reduction of stress during periods of illness
- Improve the co-ordination of local services to help patients manage their asthma or viral induced wheeze
- Reduce the amount of time patients spend in acute/hospital settings
Sanjeev Beharee - Lead Asthma Nurse
Jyoti Sharma - Children Asthma Nurse
Priya Ladher – Team Administrator
Referrals to this service can only be made by a GP or qualified healthcare professional.
- Be aged between 0-19 years old
- Be registered with a Hounslow GP
- Have attended Accident & Emergency (A&E), an Urgent Care Centre (UCC), a Paediatric Assessment Unit (PAU), or inpatient unit - as a result of their asthma or viral induced wheeze
GPs can also refer children and young people with asthma or wheeze who have been prescribed oral steroids within the previous 14 days
Monday to Friday: 9am – 5pm