Our One You Hounslow team are getting behind Active 10 - a national campaign which encourages people to walk briskly for 10 consecutive minutes each day.
A brisk walk a day can make a huge difference to having a healthier lifestyle.
As part of the campaign, One You Hounslow is organising a number of free short health walks across Hounslow borough’s parks for residents to take part in.
Health walks available:
- Lampton Park, Harte Road, TW3 4LD, every Thursday, 9.30am-10.30am
- Osterley Park, Jersey Road, TW7 4RB, last Wednesday of the month, 10am to 12noon
- Brentford, Syon & Old Isleworth, TW8 8AQ, every Thursday, 7pm-8pm
- Hounslow Heath, Staines Road, TW4 5AB, every Monday, 2pm-3pm
- Feltham Park, Hounslow Road, TW14 9DG, every Wednesday, 11am-12noon
- Chiswick House and Gardens, Sutherland Road, TW7 6DW, every Tuesday, 10.30am-11.30am
- Redlees Park, Worton Road, TW7 6DW, every Saturday, 12.30pm-1.15pm
- Bedfont Lakes, Bedfont Road, TW14 8QA
Details of meeting points and further information on One You Hounslow health walks are available by visiting https://oneyouhounslow.org.uk/health-walks/
Download the Active 10 app
Along with helping people get more active by walking, there is also the new Active 10 app to download, making it easy for residents to track how much they are walking, when they can increase their pace and to let the user know when they can gradually fit in more walking as they get more active.
The app will also provide handy tips and will show residents how to target goals in their fitness that suits them and their lifestyles.
Brisk walking can help get the heart pumping faster, improve your mental health and lower the risk of serious illnesses such as heart disease and Type 2 diabetes.
Councillor Kamaljit Kaur, Cabinet Member for Public Health and Adult Social Care Services, Hounslow Council, said:
“Just a short walk a day can help us all to lead a more active life. When you are looking to exercise, you have to enjoy it. Walking is not only good exercise but is a nice way to meet people and socialise, see many parts of the borough you might not have seen before and feel healthier.
“We encourage as many of you as possible to download the Active 10 app, it is easy to use, so get walking!” For more information and to download the Active 10 app, visit http://po.st/4ZNDqG