The Children's Continuing Care Service provide healthcare for children who have a range of conditions that would otherwise need hospital treatment or residential care.
The team consists of experienced children’s nurses who provide an assessment service for those children who are thought to meet the children’s continuing care criteria (using the National Framework for Children and Young People’s Continuing Care, January 2016).
Following agreement of their eligibility at the Continuing Care Panel, a care package is provided and monitored by the team.
The nurses also provide all children’s community nursing for those children who are eligible.
The team provide:
- Assessment of eligibility
- Provision of care package as commissioned
- Monitoring of care package
- Children’s community nursing services
- Provision of nursing equipment and supplies